Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Update on my Health...

So I saw my primary doctor on monday (11/04) and she has taken me off on another of my diabetes medications. So, out of 9 medications prior to surgery (not including the Vicodin and flexeril that I take for my back), I am down to 2 medications. Glipizide for diabetes and levothroid for my thyroid (which I will have to take for life). She said that I am looking really good.

WOW Moment: My dr.'s assistant didn't recognize me!! LOL I was sitting in the waiting room reading a magazine when she called my name. When I looked up, she was looking around the room. She didn't know it was me until I stood up. We thought it was funny. It felt really good.

Side Note: For those of you who have mocked me by saying that this surgery wouldn't work for me, you know who you are (one person in particular). I have lost 80 pounds so far and am MORE than HALFWAY to my GOAL weight. And I am STILL losing.

No comments: