Sunday, June 26, 2011

Who I am...

I served at FishFest in Irvine, California yesterday and was asked by two companies to post my testimony to their websites, which got me to thinking about WHO I am. Please read below.

*I am a three time suicide Survivor
...
*I am a Survivor of rape, incest and molestation
...
*I am a Survivor of physical domestic abuse/violence.
(verbal and emotional abuse won't end until I move out)
...
These things do not define me as a person, nor as a woman:
...
Positive words that have been used to define or describe me: Strong, Intelligent, Funny, Loving, Friendly, Helpful, Courageous.
...
Unkind words that have been used to describe me (mostly by the man I am married to):
bitch, slut, whore, attention whore. He resorts to these names during fights. And, thinks it's ok, or will say that he never called me those names. Maybe next time, I'll record a fight so he can deny the name calling.
...
I thank God that I have the strength and grace to rise above the name calling, knowing that I am none of those vile, disgusting names. And that a man could ever call a woman those name, especially one he is married to, is just an all-around sad situation.
...
So, I am setting up an 'escape plan'. I am looking for a job and as soon as I find one and get back on my feet financially, I will be moving out. Or, since he no longer wants to live here, I will speak to the owner and see what I can work out with him.
...
And I know that my soon-to-be-ex husband is probably monitoring my blog, but that's fine. I have nothing to hide.
...
Until another time, Peace out!

No comments: